Christian Zwerenz founds the inn called Parkschänke on the outskirts of Kulmbach. At that time, the road toll for the city of Kulmbach was still collected in the neighboring customs house.
His daughter marries Christian Zapf and the two take over the restaurant.
The daughter Johanna is born in 1898.
Josef Ertl, a butcher from Nuremberg, marries the daughter Johanna Zapf.
Walter Ertl, the son of Josef and Johanna Ertl, takes over the inn from his parents and begins with the expansion. Three buildings are combined in order to be able to offer more guest rooms from now on.
The son of Walter Ertl, Stephan Ertl takes over the expanded inn and calls it Hotel Ertl in the future.
Creation of parking spaces directly at the hotel and construction of garages
Stephan Ertl starts the fundamental renovation of the entire property in many sections. Gastronomic rooms, ancillary and storage rooms as well as the kitchen are completely renovated and equipped with the latest technology to date.
Core renovation of rooms can be completed in all parts of the building.
Modernization of all rooms and gastronomic areas.
Gradual refurnishing of all guest rooms and bathrooms.
by summer, all work on the new sanitary facilities in all guest rooms should be completed.